|Me as a first year 4-Her giving a Roundup speech, 5 years ago!!|
The Official Link (click here)
- Roundup is a contest where 4-Her's give speeches, play instruments, demonstrate activities and many other things, within certain categories.
- It is held at Fashion Show
- You write a speech and memorize it. (it has to be at least 5 minutes long)
- You will be in an auditorium or large room in front of an audience AND three judges
|Me with my first-place medal after my speech:-)!|
- Expect that a laptop/projector/speakers etc. will be provided. Check with your county agent. You don't want to get there and learn that your PowerPoint can't be shown as there is no projector!
- NO NOTES! Judges WILL dock point if you read from your notes, so it's best not to have them at all
- NO PARENTS! It sounds strange, but your parent should not help you set up your speech unless you're a junior. The judges want to see what you've learned, not watch your parent tune your guitar, then watch you stumble up and play it.
- Pretty much anything can be a Roundup presentation. You can sing, act, give a speech,dance, tell a story, recite a poem...
- Keep it interesting.