- Basically, you go in a room with a bunch of other kids. You have a clipboard, paper, reason and score cards,and maybe a calculator.
- There is a situation on the table- maybe something like " Sally Jo needs to buy a camera. Her budget is $250. She wants one with 3 LCD." Then, looking at info about 4 cameras, you choose which one is the best buy, and rank them.
- For example, if #4 is the best buy,#2 is the second best, then #1, and #3 is the worst,you would rank the class as 4-2-1-3.
What not to do:
- DON'T show up unprepared. Ask your county agent for this year's info packet, and study it.
- Don't bring your notes in when you give your speech.
- There is a special class called a reasons class. Take notes on why you ranked the class the way you did.
- When you go in front of the judge, say why you ranked the class the way you did. But only tell about the reasons class! I did not know this at first and was just rattling off info about why I picked every class!